Important Dressing Tips for Trip to India as a Tourist:
- India is a strange mix of conservativeness and modernism – you will find women dressed in voluptuous sarees and burqas as well as tiny shorts – all in the same city. However, it is best to follow the following dressing tips for your own safety, Read our Dressing Tips for Trip to India:
- Avoid skimpy clothes that leave little to the imagination
- Only some private beaches here are safe for bikinis
- When visiting places of worship – temples, mosques, gurudwaras, ashrams, churches included – wear clothes that cover your shoulders, upper arms and lower legs.
- Carry a scarf to cover your head – most places of worship in the North require you to cover your head when entering, on the contrary, temples in south consider it a great disrespect if anyone covers the head within a temple.