Important Packing Tips for Elderly Traveller in India:
Read Packing Tips for Elderly Traveller in India. Our tips will help make your trip easier for Elderly Traveller in India. Here is a list of tips for senior travelers planning a holiday in India, from things to check before their trip to things to avoid during their stay.
- Wear slip on shoes to get through security check easily
- Request a physical pat down if you are not comfortable about walking through the body scanners
- If you have a pacemaker, insulin pump or other medical device on/in your body, advise the screening officer as soon as you enter the screening area. You can request a physical pat down if there are concerns about going through the body scanner with the devices.
- Sitting still for a long flight puts the elderly at an increased risk of developing blood clots in the veins that can move to your lungs (venous thromboembolism). Wear loose clothes and move your limbs frequently, criss-crossing and moving your legs while seated and taking frequent breaks walking along the aisle, to decrease the risk.
- If you have other risk factors for developing blood clots, like cancer, congestive heart failure or recent surgery, consult your doctor for risk-reduction measures.