Milk for baby scam
Read about Milk for baby scam. One of the more popular scams that work most times is this one. Young children chat up to you, asking to practice their English, asking you your country and giving you unsolicited advice and directions. Once they see you melting and getting ready to give them some money, they give a smile, refuse the money, stating they are not begars.
Then they strike their punch line!
They say if you really want to give something, can you buy some infant formula for their baby siblings. Saying this, they point and lead you to a shop, which sells some formula milk. You pay and leave and as soon as you are out of sight, the kids sell the milk back to the shop owner and pocket the cash with the shopkeeper keeping his cut.
- Do not buy the powder milk at all. It is just a scam and the shop keepers are involved.
- Do not chat with the children on the roadsides – whether they are begging, performing some acrobatics, cleaning the car or your shoes, or just chatting up – they are all part of bigger racquets, though not necessarily of their own wish.
- These kids also serve as good surveyors of your worth and update their bosses who later make a move in the scams listed above.
- Nothing you give will benefit them as all proceeds are collected from them by the big mafia that organizes these rings.
- By giving, you are only encouraging these rings and helping them make a big profit.