Train Scams in India:
Know more about Train Scams in India. An official looking captain, conductor or any other station authority approaches you saying that your tickets are not confirmed and he just has some confirmed tickets that can be bought for a price, or he can upgrade your tickets for just 400 INR or more (rates vary between scamsters). He is not an official and is just out to scam gullible passengers.
- Buy your tickets only from the official Foreign Ticket Reservation office in the railway station.
- In case you have a waiting list, contact the TT – the actual one
- has the official seating chart and several other papers in his hands,
- goes about checking every one’s tickets – locals and foreigners both – once aboard the train and checks it against the seating chart,
- doesn’t approach any passenger on the station on his own
- has a badge stating his name and number
- The price for upgrading is just 200 INR plus the difference in fares for the two different classes or for reserved chairs.