Travel Tips for Visiting Restricted / Protected Areas in India:
The Indian government has designated certain parts of India as “restricted areas” and requires special advance permission to visit them. These areas include:
- Parts of State of Manipur
- Parts of State of Mizoram
- Parts of State of Arunachal Pradesh
- Whole of State of Nagaland
- Whole of State of Sikkim
- Parts of State of Uttaranchal
- Parts of State of Jammu and Kashmir
- Parts of State of Rajasthan
- Parts of State of Himachal Pradesh
- Whole of Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Power to issue permit to foreigners for visiting these Restricted/Protected areas vests with the Ministry of Home Affairs (ADDRESS: Ministry Of Home Affairs, Foreigners Division, NDCC-II Building 1st Floor, Jai Singh Road, Near NDMC Palika Kendra, New Delhi-110001).
However, FRROs have been delegated powers in respect of some specified areas for a specified period for a group of foreigners i.e. 2 or more for “Tourism” purpose only. The foreign tourist should be accompanied with a recognized travel agent who would act as an escort. A fee of Rs. 1395/- is levied on issuance of Restricted/Protected Area Permit. For more Travel Tips for Visiting Restricted / Protected Areas in India contact Jetwaysindia travel experts.